Monday, August 31, 2015

Defending George Zimmerman on Twitter

A Drawing by Dixon Diaz
I learned that George Zimmerman has a Twitter account, so went in search of it so I could follow him.  I read some of the liberal/leftist posts on his site, and before I knew it, was involved in a flame war with a pack of liberals.

Arguing with liberals isn't bad -- their arguments are so misinformed and weak, that there is no stress in it.  Of course, they call you a lot of names and insult you, but that doesn't bother me at all.  One of them, a woman calling herself "Jade Helm Commander" expressed an unusual interest in the size of my genitalia.  Eventually she reverted to the usual form, calling me a racist.  I finally figured out what a "racist" is.  It is anyone who expects all races to be held to the same standards of behavior and accountability.  

I was amazed at how ignorant my liberal contenders were as to the facts of the Zimmerman case.  Listening to them, you would think Trayvon Martin ("a child") had been machine-gunned in his stroller while sucking on a pacifier.  Martin was a hulking brute, recently kicked out of school for fighting, and who loved fist fights.  The liberal twitterites did not seem to know that Martin was sitting on Zimmerman's chest, raining down punches onto Zim's face.  With a broken nose, in pain and in fear of his life or great bodily injury, and with adrenaline pumping, Zim's survival instinct kicked in and he shot Martin.  In such a moment the victim of such an attack isn't going to philosophize about racial equality, ponder the age of his assailant or offer him platitudes.  He is going to act, and let the consequences fall where they may.  An old saying is appropriate here:  "It is better to be judged by twelve than carried by six."

No comments: